OT gaggia ice cream maker help request
h***@gmail.com
2013-10-04 22:22:28 UTC
I stumbled over an ice cream maker by Gaggia... a 'gelatiera'. The
kind folks at electra-craft are supplying the two removable bowls and
beaters though sadly it will take a while. Hopefully summer won't be
over!
Anyway, no manual came with it of course, nor the measuring cylinder
that is used to measure the mixture of alcohol and water which goes
into the main freezing chamber to thermally couple it to the
removable bowl.
Does anyone have a manual they can copy for me? Also, does anyone
have one of those cylinders they can measure so I can recreate the
ratio and quantity of the 'vodka antifreeze'?
I'll make coffee ice cream, so I'm back on topic.
Thanks for any help!
Ted
--
Please take the '.doggie.' out of the email addie and make it swim
laps in the basement before emailing me.

I would like to get a replacement bowl but cannot find a source for under $65 plus shipping. If you know of a source of a less expensive one, please let me know.

I love the recipes in the manual. Some people might complain that they call for raw egg yolks, but I don't see that as a huge risk, and evidently the Italians don't either. I don't have any experience with another brand of ice cream maker, but I am quite pleased with the Gaggia.
J***@yahoo.com
2017-04-24 16:18:22 UTC
I bought a used gaggia icecream machine off of eBay. The cream does not get cold and freeze after the 30 minutes. How can I get this repaired.
m***@aol.com
2017-06-18 14:31:19 UTC
Post by J***@yahoo.com
I bought a used gaggia icecream machine off of eBay. The cream does not get cold and freeze after the 30 minutes. How can I get this repaired.
I have a Gaggia also and found it somewhat tricky to use. Are you letting the bowl freeze up for at least 5 minutes or so before adding your mixture? If you don't let it get cold prior to adding the mixture it won't freeze...so make sure you push the cool button first and let it get frosted real good before adding your ice cream mixture.

You may be out of freon..