Thermocrem (Double boiler?) Moka Pot
Myron Joshua
2003-08-05 06:09:30 UTC
I recently saw a cut away sample of a Thermocrem Moka Pot by Bialetti
(a pot that is apparently obsolete). It included a boiler unit with a
double wall-that serves as some sort of double boiler. It was
explained to me that this can help create pressure while keeping the
water temperature lower.

Are there Moka pots in the market that use a similar system?

Best, Myron
Rev. Rich Lyons
2003-08-10 00:31:53 UTC
Post by Myron Joshua
I recently saw a cut away sample of a Thermocrem Moka Pot by Bialetti
(a pot that is apparently obsolete). It included a boiler unit with a
double wall-that serves as some sort of double boiler. It was
explained to me that this can help create pressure while keeping the
water temperature lower.
The Thermocrem is a unique puppy. The unit sets on a burner, and the
moka pot sets on the Thermocrem. The Thermocrem allows for more even
heat to the moka, and it holds water inside it for a steamer. When the
moka is done, use the Thermocrem to steam milk for a Cappa type drink.
Post by Myron Joshua
Are there Moka pots in the market that use a similar system?
Dunno about that. I have a Thermocrem, haven't used it in years. May
be interested in a deal...

rich

The rich!
Myron Joshua
2003-08-10 06:15:37 UTC
Post by Rev. Rich Lyons
The Thermocrem is a unique puppy. The unit sets on a burner, and the
moka pot sets on the Thermocrem. The Thermocrem allows for more even
heat to the moka, and it holds water inside it for a steamer. When the
moka is done, use the Thermocrem to steam milk for a Cappa type drink.
Dear Rev.-I was hoping to hear from you! I am not sure we are talking
about the same animal (or version thereof). Can you post or send me a
pic?

best,myron
Rev. Rich Lyons
2003-08-11 06:29:11 UTC
Post by Myron Joshua
Post by Rev. Rich Lyons
The Thermocrem is a unique puppy. The unit sets on a burner, and the
moka pot sets on the Thermocrem. The Thermocrem allows for more even
heat to the moka, and it holds water inside it for a steamer. When the
moka is done, use the Thermocrem to steam milk for a Cappa type drink.
Dear Rev.-I was hoping to hear from you! I am not sure we are talking
about the same animal (or version thereof). Can you post or send me a
pic?
best,myron
Yeah, I dug it out and I'll shoot it tomorrow when I have time to play
with the lights. I have the instructions for it also, courtesy of
Grace Valenti of Bialetti USA. The Gizmo I have is a Termocrem, not
Thermocrem, but it is a steamer. I never used it.

Great to visit again Myron!

rich
The rich!