delonghi via veneto tamper size???
cnewbie
2004-09-23 20:41:50 UTC
I'd like to buy a correct sized tamper to go with the Delonghi Via Veneto I
got off of eBay. The one that is on the machine is terrible. But what is
the size?
Barry Jarrett
2004-09-27 18:27:42 UTC
Post by cnewbie
I'd like to buy a correct sized tamper to go with the Delonghi Via Veneto I
got off of eBay. The one that is on the machine is terrible. But what is
the size?
got a ruler??

--barry "c'mon, it's not *that* difficult."
cnewbie
Barry Jarrett
2004-09-27 19:13:05 UTC
Post by cnewbie
I'm afraid that if the filter size is 49mm that I might measure 48 or 50 and
then be "hosed".
if you choose slightly on the small side, then you won't be 'hosed'.
it'll still work just fine. of all the variables to sweat, tamper
precision isn't way up on the list.

--barry "not rocket science."
cnewbie
--barry "not rocket science."
Bill Barner
2004-09-28 13:52:48 UTC
Post by cnewbie
I'd like to buy a correct sized tamper to go with the Delonghi Via Veneto I
got off of eBay. The one that is on the machine is terrible. But what is
the size?
If it's the Saeco Via Veneto you are asking about, the answer is 53 mm. If
you buy an Ergo-Packer from Espresso Vivace, and some day want to replace
the Via Veneto with another espresso machine that has a different size
filter basket, you will only have to buy a new piston to fit the new filter
basket. The Ergo-Packer piston and handle unscrew.
cnewbie