Best way to get a good coffee?
Add Reply
Kyonshi
2024-04-19 13:28:48 UTC
I saw the group is pretty empty, so I am trying to get some discussion
going:
What is, for you, the best way to make good coffee? How do you like yours?

I see a lot of people who really like espresso for example, but it's
rarely that I manage to taste an espresso that actually is worth drinking.
Kurt Weiske
2024-04-20 19:09:00 UTC
To: Kyonshi
-=> Kyonshi wrote to alt.coffee <=-

Ky> From Newsgroup: alt.coffee

Ky> I saw the group is pretty empty, so I am trying to get some discussion
Ky> going:
Ky> What is, for you, the best way to make good coffee? How do you like
Ky> yours?

Pourover, Melitta cone, paper filter. Rinse the paper filter first!

Using a kettle, you can get the water much hotter than most coffee
makers, resulting in a better cuppa.

I alternate between that and a Gaggia Brera bean-to-cup espresso
machine. If you find espresso to be too bitter, sometimes changing the
beans can make a difference.

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Win32 NewsLink 1.114
* realitycheckBBS - Aptos, CA - telnet://realitycheckbbs.org
Kyonshi
2024-04-21 15:19:38 UTC
Post by Kurt Weiske
To: Kyonshi
-=> Kyonshi wrote to alt.coffee <=-
Ky> From Newsgroup: alt.coffee
Ky> I saw the group is pretty empty, so I am trying to get some discussion
Ky> What is, for you, the best way to make good coffee? How do you like
Ky> yours?
Pourover, Melitta cone, paper filter. Rinse the paper filter first!
Using a kettle, you can get the water much hotter than most coffee
makers, resulting in a better cuppa.
I alternate between that and a Gaggia Brera bean-to-cup espresso
machine. If you find espresso to be too bitter, sometimes changing the
beans can make a difference.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- Synchronet 3.20a-Win32 NewsLink 1.114
* realitycheckBBS - Aptos, CA - telnet://realitycheckbbs.org
my issue with home-made espresso has less to do with the bitterness, and
more with the one time one of my roommates had to go to ER because a
moka pot exploded into her face. ever since then I have been very
careful with this device.

(I also had an espresso machine but I just couldn't get good coffee out
of that)
--
email: ***@gmail.com
microblog: https://dice.camp/@kyonshi